Tuesday 10 May 2011

Introduction to kids happiness



Hello and welcome to my first go at a blog. My intention is to provide a series of articles on working with kids and perhaps just having life with kids work. I have been working with kids as an entertainer for 36 years (OMG) and started doing shows for them at the age of 13. I've done many types of shows in almost every type of event or venue that kids would be found at and have literally done over ten thousand shows for them. I've worked as a clown, a ventrilloquist, a magician, and a puppeteer as well doing all sorts of crazy things as an MC or facilitator. Most of my career has revolved around my three main kids shows: Drippy The Dragon, Mr Jim's Magic Show and Jolly Jim the Pirate.

I guess I feel that I have learnt a few good things over the years and will be sharing some of them in the upcoming posts. Hopefully you will find it useful and worth your time and perhaps even be inspired to make a difference to a future family by making a kid happy as the title suggests.

Todays tip is just give a child a compliment. I don't mean just say something you don't mean about something you don't care about. I mean really take the time to look and see what that child has done well or cares about or even just what their wearing and let them know that you, the all knowing adult, respects them for it. You could make a difference to future generations in that one act. Hey why not try it on a few people before the day is over and see what happens. Go on do it to some adults too. If you do you will not only notice how happy they get, but how happy you get. I wonder why we don't all do this all the time? I guess that's the subject of a future post.

Don't panic this is not going to be a series of "How to get your karma score up" articles. I will also be chatting about their monster side, and their parents as well. Thanks for reading the first part, now lets see where it goes from here. Stay tuned, Mr. Jim

Information about my shows and events can be found at http://www.drippydragon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment